Russell Safirstein, a Partner and Managing Director at Prager Metis Technology will be speaking during 2 sessions on June 14th, at the AICPA’s Engage Event.
Session:: FIN18NL02 : Lunch & Learn: Prepare for Cyberattacks Across the Globe
Date: Jun 14th, 2018
Time: 12:15 PM — 1:05 PM
Topic: How will hackers try to destroy business in 2019 and beyond?
- Identify how cybercriminals are hacking everyday objects from security cameras and televisions, using cryptocurrency scams;
- Recognize the new ways cybercriminals may hold your data hostage;
- Recall why international and state-sponsored cyber crimes are on the rise; and
- Select steps you can take to be prepared.
Session: FIN1818 : Strategic Planning to Reach Your Cyber Goals
Date: Jun 14th, 2018
Time: 2:45 PM — 4:00 PM
Topic: You’ve learned a lot these past days about cybersecurity and data protection. Put this valuable information to use so you leave knowing your firm is doing everything it can to protect your clients’ sensitive information. The NIST Cybersecurity Framework can help you assess and improve your ability to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber attacks. In this hands-on, interactive session, you will:
- Analyze the state of cybersecurity within your firm;
- Compare your firm to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework;
- Identify where you want to be within the NIST Cybersecurity Framework; and
- Create the strategy using the CGMA Strategy Map Tool.
About AICPA: The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is the national professional organization of Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) in the United States, with more than 418,000 members in 143 countries in business and industry, public practice, government, education, student affiliates and international associates. It sets ethical standards for the profession and U.S. auditing standards for audits of private companies, non-profit organizations, federal, state and local governments. It also develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination The AICPA maintains offices in New York City; Washington, DC; Durham, NC; and Ewing, NJ. —Wikipedia