310.207.2220 / Ext. 60753
Joseph Rust is a Partner in the Advisory Services Department of Prager Metis, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He also serves as Chief Strategic Innovation Officer and Managing Partner for the Western Region. He has been practicing accounting since 1984.
As CSIO, Joseph oversees and advises on all aspects of strategic focus, direction, execution, and encourages a culture of innovation. He works closely with our team to implement new solutions to better serve our clients and supports our growing team.
Joseph’s expertise is in several areas of the entertainment industry working on behalf of recording artists, songwriters, music publishers, entertainers, as well as executives. His specialties include royalty and profit participation examinations, copyright and intellectual property valuations, financial due diligence, licensing examinations and business management.
Joseph takes great pride in providing high value service to his clients, including acting in a strategic planning role for his business management clients and as an advocate for his royalty and profit participation clients. Over several decades of experience coupled with the use of technology, Joseph and his team have created a unique process of recovering royalties and providing services to clients which most often benefits the client enormously.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Westside Business Managers Discussion Group
- ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
- ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- California Copyright Conference
- Copyright Society of the USA
- Alzheimer's Association California Southland-Board Member
- Torrance Sister City Association-Previous Board Member
- University of La Verne-College of Business and Public Management-Advisory Board Member
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics