Achieving growth and profitability has become increasingly tougher to achieve, unless retailers and distributors operate more efficiently with an emphasis on cost reductions and supply chain management, and a greater focus on the customer. The current retail landscape presents challenges to both the retailer and their supplier, however with challenges to both the retailer and their supplier, however with challenges come opportunities.
Prager Metis’ advisors help retail and consumer products companies by understanding their business and their brands within the ever changing worldwide economic and political environment.
We offer tailored accounting and tax solutions that consider both the retailer and supplier perspective. Our retail and consumer product practice team is led by partners, directors and managers with years of experience working with companies in the retail and consumer product industry ranging from entrepreneurial businesses to multi-national organizations.
Audit and Accounting
- Audited financial statements on which investors and creditors can rely
- Compilation and review services
- We look beyond past historical results; find operating efficiencies, and offer suggestions for better controls and best practices
- Assistance with cash flow projections and operating budgets
- Trend analysis and benchmarking
- Accounting software implementation
- Business succession and wither seller or buyer side assistance in a transition
Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Proactive tax planning
- Compliance with applicable tax laws and filing in a timely manner
- Analyze nexus for tax planning opportunities and avoid costly tax assessments
- Sales and use tax compliance and analysis for refund opportunities
- International tax planning, structuring and transfer pricing studies
- Cost segregation studies for leasehold improvements and location built-out
- Research and development tax credits for qualified product development