Michael E. Williams is a Partner in the Entertainment and Entrepreneurial Service groups at Prager Metis, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He has been in the accounting profession for over 30 years and is a Certified Public Accountant in New York and California.
Michael’s expertise extends across many industries providing tax, accounting, and related consulting services to those in the entertainment industry, closely held companies and their stakeholders, and not-for-profit organizations. He specializes in assisting clients with new ventures, continuing operations, and next generation succession planning. Michael’s entertainment clients include actors, musicians, producers, and other industry professionals as well as non-profit theater companies, and Off-Broadway productions.
Michael extends his expertise to those in the cryptocurrency, digital assets, and NFT industries, where he provides tax related services. He has a no-nonsense approach that provides him with a history of being able to adapt to the ever-changing regulatory environment. His goal is to provide his clients with the tools to provide them with financial accounting and business solutions in a format that they can understand.
Prior to joining Prager Metis, Michael was a partner with tax leadership positions with prominent New York City firms.
Michael is a board member of The State University College at Oneonta Foundation Corporation, which raises money for scholarships and other education programs at the college.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Member, Closely Held S Corporation Committee (Chairperson 2014-2016)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The State University College at Oneonta Foundation Corporation – Board Member, and serving on the Finance, Audit (Chair 2012-2019) and Board Development and Governance Committees
- MS, Taxation, The Bernard M. Baruch College, City University of New York, New York
- BS, Business and Economics, College at Oneonta, State University of New York, New York