Holidays | | Apr 23, 2019
Prager Metis would like to wish everyone a Happy Earth Day! First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day now includes events in more than 193 countries. Learn about some great ways you can do your part for our environment below:
- Use Reusable Bags: Plastic grocery bags can suffocate animals who get stuck in them or may mistake them for food. Whether you are shopping for food, clothes or books, use a reusable bag. This cuts down on litter and prevents animals from getting hurt.
- Print as Little as Necessary: Using paperless account tracking as well as double-sided print options, when allowed, helps cut down on the paper use. If you’re a student or attend many meetings, try bringing your laptop or mobile device, and use modern apps to take both written and audio notes. Help save our trees.
- Recycle: Our schedules are pretty packed and sometimes we just want to throw out materials that can be recycled or repurposed. By taking an extra few seconds and recycling things like soda cans, food containers, and cardboard, we help the environment by re-processing and re-appropriating these materials.
- Carry a Reusable Beverage Container: Instead of buying individually-packaged drinks at stores and fast-food locations, consider buying a reusable cup; quench your thirst and help create less trash.
- Save Electricity: Use energy-efficient light bulbs instead of regular bulbs. They last longer and will save you a bit of money. Consider using temperature control systems to regulate the use of air conditioning and heating systems, and turn the lights off in parts of the house you are not using.
- Avoid Taking Cars or Carpool When Possible: Cars are convenient but taxing on the environment. Taking public transportation, walking, or riding a bike are better options that help the environment and your budget, as well as getting some exercise in!