516.921.8900 / Ext. 10510
Email Robert O. Mayer
Robert O. Mayer is a Partner of Prager Metis, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He also serves as Co-Lead of the CFO Advisory Services. Mr. Mayer has over forty years of experience in the accounting profession.
Mr. Mayer’s entrepreneurial spirit and innovative growth strategies are among the many assets that he provides to his clients. In 1973, Mr. Mayer started his accounting career at a then big 8 accounting firm before joining an accounting firm as its second staff person and helped the firm grow to 40 employees within five years. Mr. Mayer spent five years as a staff member at Prager and Fenton. Mr. Mayer went on to be the chief financial officer for a Long Island company; he helped that company expand from one location to five and increase sales from $12 million to $60 million over five years.
Mr. Mayer has been included in Long Island Business News’ “Who’s Who in Accounting” and was recognized by the publication in 2010 as among Long Island’s highest achieving “50 Around 50.” Prior to joining Prager Metis, Mr. Mayer was the managing partner of Mayer CPAs LLP, who joined Prager Metis in 2016.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Conference of CPA Practitioners
- Alzheimer’s Association – Long Island Chapter – Advisory Board Member
- Corporate Committee of the Nassau County Museum of Art – Co-Chair
- Hofstra Business School Advisory Board
- BA, Accounting Hofstra University, New York