Prager Metis CPAs & the New York State Bar Association will be co-sponsoring EASL’s Annual Music Business and Law Conference in 2016. This year’s Entertainment Business Law Seminar will be held on November 18th in NYC. The Music Business and Law Conference will feature a variety of speakers from law, finance, business, and technology, with several panels focusing on global perspectives of representation, tax, and practical concerns for music artists and businesses alike.
Panel highlights include:
- The Tax Man Cometh – Estate Planning for the Music Artist
- ReMixed and MashedUp – Navigating the Royalty Streams
- Anatomy of A Music Festival
- Copyright Reform – It’s Everywhere (International Focus)
- Case Developments Impacting the Music Industry
- No Direction Home: Tax and Legal Planning for Multi-National Groups
- Ethics – Conflicts of Interest in Client Representation
During the conference Prager Metis Partner, Hal Peterson will be participating in the panel discussion entitled “No Direction Home: Tax and Legal Planning for Multi-National Groups”. Prager Metis Partner, Gabe Wolosky and Senior Manager, Justin Buencamino will be participating on a panel entitled “Planning for Celebrities & Beyond” Prager Metis Chris Hull is the Co-Chair of the Entertainment Business Law Seminar as well as a participating on a panel entitled “Trends and the Outlook for Music Publishing and Master Catalog Transactions”.