Ira Talbi is a Partner in the Audit and Accounting Department of Prager Metis, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He has been practicing in the accounting and audit area since 1982.
Ira specializes in a full range of audit and accounting services as well as tax and consulting services with more than 30 years of experience in various industries, including investment companies, real estate, not-for-profit, manufacturing and distribution, Trusts and closely held businesses. He works closely with European clients that own US property while believing constant communication is key to establishing a relationship and securing business with clients. Ira is a Quality Control Partner for the firm and is responsible for all quality control functions. Before joining Prager Metis, Ira was the Vice President and Quality Control Partner of Polakoff and Michaelson, CPA, P.C.
Ira is a noted speaker and has presented and chaired various conferences and seminars on accounting and auditing topics. During his spare time, Ira participates in the annual Westchester Great Strides Walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The team that he created for the walk is one of the top teams in Westchester.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Peer Review Committee, Accounting and Review Services Committee – past committee chair
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Private Company Accounting and Auditing Conference for the Foundation for Accounting Education – Past co-chair
- BA, Accounting, Economics, Queens College, New York
- The Piatigorsky Foundation, treasurer and director