Barry Pulchin is a Partner Emeritus in the Advisory Services Department of Prager Metis CPAs a member of Prager Metis International Group. He also serves as the Director of Forensic Accounting and Valuation Services. He has been in the accounting professional since 1970.
Barry specializes in valuations for diverse issues such as domestic relations, license valuations, professional practice valuations, minority shareholder disputes, insurance loss, bankruptcy, estate and gift taxes, tax fraud cases, as well as commercial fraud investigations and forensic accounting.
Barry has appeared as a featured speaker on radio to discuss year end tax planning and general business valuation topics. He has been recognized as an expert witness and has been Court Appointed in the New York State Supreme Court as well as in Federal Courts. He has served as the accountant in bankruptcy cases for the Debtor, the Creditor’s Committee, and for Chapter 7 Trustees. He has also been appointed as a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Examiner.
Barry is a Certified Fraud Examiner, a Certified Valuation Analyst, Chartered Global Management Accountant and Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Accounting. He is accredited in Business Valuation and accredited in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is a Certified Public Accountant in New York and Florida.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants-Litigation Services Committee
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants-Anti Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorism Finance Committee
- Florida Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Long Island Chapter-Past President
- Accountant/Attorney Networking Group-Past Treasurer
- Total Networking and Consulting LLC
- BBA, in Public Accounting, Baruch College, City University of New York
- Certified Public Accountant in New York, Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certified Financial Forensics
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Accountants
- Fraternal Order of Police Memorial Lodge 3100
- B’nai B’rith Queens Housing Foundation-Board of Directors
- Nassau County Police Department Explorers-Board of Directors
- Queensborough Community College Alumni Association-Past President
- Shomrim Society of Nassau County