Steven Topal is the Chief Collaboration Officer and President of PM Charitable Foundation, a Partner in the Tax and Accounting Departments of Prager Metis, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He began his accounting career in 1982 and currently leads the Hospitality practice group for the firm.
Steven believes in a relationship-based approach with his clients. He helps establish a certain quality of life for them by offering an array of services that concentrate on the relevant areas of their business and personal endeavors. Those services include business consultation, succession planning, bank financing, corporate and personal tax returns, and new business setup. Steven specializes in the hospitality industry, particularly restaurants and taverns.
Most of his clients are closely held family businesses. His own experience of being a son of a family business owner provides a unique outlook that helps him understand his clients. Steven is considered an expert in the hospitality industry and frequently speaks on relevant topics to industry groups.
Steven has over 35 years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant and is also a practicing attorney. He is married and has two children and one grandson.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, New York
- BS, Accounting, State University of New York, Albany, New York
- MJHS Health Systems Executive Committee - Member
- Menorah Nursing Home - Chair
- Shorefront Towers - Vice Chair
- MJHS Health Systems Governance Committee - Chair
- MJHS Health Systems Finance Committee - Member and Former Chair
- Metropolitan Jewish Health System Foundation (MJHS) - Vice Chairman of the Board
- MJHS Health Systems - Institute - Treasurer
- MJHS Health Systems - Home Care - Vice Chair
- Homefirst LHCSA - Vice Chair