J. Timothy Sherman is a Partner Emeritus of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International. Timothy has over 40 years of experience in the accounting industry.
Timothy’s focuses on a wide array of industries. His experience is mainly in due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, forensic accounting in shareholder disputes, as well as uncovering white collar crime. Timothy works within the fashion, manufacturing and distribution, and real estate industries. Timothy looks to maximize his client’s wealth through, tax planning, estate planning, and business advisor.
Timothy prides himself on giving back to his community as he has served as the president of the Wantagh Board of Education, and as the director of the PAL Lacrosse.
Prior to joining Prager Metis, Timothy was the managing partner of Cohen Greve & Company CPA, P.C., who joined with Prager Metis in 2017.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (Member of the Sustainability Committee)
- Association of Fraud Examiners
- Accountants and Attorneys Networking Group
- NYSSCPA Litigation Services Committee – Nassau
- BBA, Accounting, Hofstra University, New York