The regulatory and economic environments are rapidly changing for broker dealers and their clients. Thinning margins, decreasing commission fees, and revenue shortfalls are battering the independent broker-dealer industry. Add to that market abuses and scandals of the past year, and you will find organizations seeking ways to restore confidence in their operations and performance. The need for transparency and compliance will become increasingly important as broker dealers weigh options for survival including mergers and acquisitions.
At Prager Metis, we take the time to learn about your firm as well as all of the FINRA, SEC, and other regulatory bodies’ rules and regulations that affect your broker dealer on a consistent basis. Prager Metis is a PCAOB registered firm who specializes in the audits of small to medium sized privately held non-carrying broker dealers, both in the US and around the globe.
We seamlessly combine our assurance, tax and advisory expertise with in-depth industry knowledge and personalized service to clients that vary in size and specialization, including:
- Introducing brokers
- Investment banking brokers
- Merger and acquisition firms
- Mutual fund advisers and distributors
- Structured transaction brokers
- Subsidiaries of foreign parent companies
- Third party marketing firms
- Audit of the Financial Statements
- Business tax return prep and review, as well as preparation of individual tax returns, as permitted
Non-Audit Broker-Dealer Clients:
- Accounting and audit assistance
- Internal control reviews and consulting
- Cybersecurity and IT analysis