Steven J. Johnston is a Partner of Prager Metis, a member of Prager Metis International. Steve brings over 30 years of experience providing tax and assurance services to a variety of public and private entities.
Steve directs audits, reviews, and compilations for closely-held businesses, including retirement plan audits and surprise custody audits for registered investment advisors. He is also highly skilled in providing single audit services for federally funded organizations including government and not-for-profit entities.
Steve became a licensed Certified Public Accountant in South Carolina in July 1984 and received reciprocal licenses in the state of Alabama in 1993 and North Carolina in 2005. He currently maintains active memberships in the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and in all state organizations where he is currently licensed.
Steve is an accomplished musician and has played with legendary performers such as Ray Charles. Steve currently lives in Charlotte with his wife Jenny.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Society of Certified Public Accountants
- South Carolina Society of Certified Public Accountants
- BS, Accounting, Florida State University