310.207.2220 / Ext. 60770
Jane Bushmaker is a Director in the Royalty Audit & Contract Compliance Group of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International. She began her career in the accounting industry in 2005.
Ms. Bushmaker specializes in conducting royalty examinations of digital media services on behalf of major copyright owners and royalty collection organizations to confirm the accuracy of royalty accountings. Jane began her early career at Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and Lions Gate Entertainment.
Ms. Bushmaker is an expert at reviewing complex royalty licensing agreements and regulations in the music and entertainment industry as well as liaising between legal and technical teams to ensure compliance or identify material issues. She has experience auditing a variety of digital service types, including on-demand streaming services, download services, webcasters, mobile carriers, and background music providers offering à la carte, advertising-supported, and subscription-based business models.
Ms. Bushmaker has also provided litigation support on a variety of high-stakes civil cases, specializing in eDiscovery activities and technologies related to electronically stored information.
Before joining Prager Metis in May 2019, Jane was a Senior Manager of Digital Audits at Royalty Review Council. When Jane is not in the office, she enjoys pilates, hiking, camping, skiing, and traveling with her friends and family.
- Association of Independent Music Publishers
- California Copyright Conference – Board of Directors
- Copyright Society of the USA
- Los Angeles Paralegal Association
- USC Alumni Association
- Trojan Entertainment Network
- BS, Music Industry, University of Southern California
- BA, French, University of Southern California
- ABA Paralegal Certificate, University of California Los Angeles
- Certificate, Data Analytics, University of Southern California