Brittany Besler is a Tax Controversy Manager at Prager Metis. She has been in the Tax Accounting profession since 2012.
Brittany is primarily responsible for assisting with the tax needs of our clients such as business formation and dissolution, and reviewing partnership, corporate, individual, or nonprofit Federal and State tax returns. In addition, Brittany provides tax controversy assistance including audit assistance, dispute resolution, or trial assistance.
Prior to joining the firm, Brittany worked at PwC & KPMG, where she advanced from tax intern to tax senior associate. Her responsibilities at PwC & KPMG included the preparation and review tax returns from various sized and multiple industry clients, and working on tax provisions, preparing and auditing tax provisions in compliance with ASC740. Brittany’s experience continued at the law firm of Krokidas & Bluestein where she worked with tax exempt and governmental clients obtaining tax exemptions, reestablishing tax exemptions, guidance memos, etc.
Brittany is a zealous advocate for her clients and will helps them to stay focused on their business mission or product, while she handles their legal and tax compliance matters. As her clients’ goto-person, she provides answers to her clients’ questions or directs them to the person who can best assist them. She has earned the reputation of being a trusted advisor to her clients in all aspects of their business.
Brittany has authored numerous industry related blogs and articles and been a presenter at events and conferences sponsored by Lawyers Clearinghouse, Massachusetts Association of Accountants, and the Massachusetts Nonprofit Network.
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Vermont Bar Association
- American Association of Attorney-CPAs
- LL.M-Taxation, Georgetown Law (current-expected completion 2025) J.D.-MBA, University of St. Thomas School of Law & Business Administration BS-Accounting, Lehigh University
- Community Preservation Committee and Housing Authority Board for the Town of Upton, Massachusetts