212.643.0099 / Ext. 10553
Brian D. Sackstein is a Partner of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International LLC. Brian specializes in providing audit, tax and consulting services to clients in the healthcare and not-for-profit industries, and has been a practicing accountant for almost 25 years.
Brian has a strong expertise in providing auditing, accounting and management advisory services for his clients. His responsibilities include the planning, coordination, and review of accounting and auditing projects, the preparation and review of financial statements, coordination of audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance, and the presentation of audited financial statements and reports to management and boards of directors. Brian also supervises and reviews the preparation and the impact of client cost reports, as well as specific reports required by a variety of agencies at the local, state and federal level.
Brian’s services also include reviewing existing operations to improve efficiencies, performing financial budgeting and cash flow projections, internal control reviews, training clients’ staff and Board of Directors in the areas of federal audits and reimbursement analysis. He also conducts project feasibility studies, assists with developing new programs, reviews operations and rates to support reimbursement and advises on rate reimbursement appeals.
Brian is a noted author and speaker and has presented to numerous professional associations on financial matters. He enjoys helping his client develop events, and has hosted the “State of the Not-for-Profit Industry” event for Long Island Business News.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Action Long Island – Healthcare Committee and Not-for-Profit Consultant
- Financial Management Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Interagency Council of Developmental Disabilities Agencies, Inc.
- New York State Consolidated Fiscal Reporting Interagency Committee
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Not-for-Profit Committee
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, Community Action Board – past member
- BBA, Accounting, Hofstra University, New York